Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thai Sea Lounge Williamsburg, Brooklyn

I actually went to this restaurant years ago, so things may have changed, but this is my take on Brooklyn's Thai Sea restaurant. For some reason I forgot to upload this post.





It was a cold and gloomy night and I found myself waiting in front of Sea a Thai restaurant located in Williamsburg Brooklyn. The restaurant was very crowded and the crowd seemed young and hip. The restaurant was trendy and had chairs hanging from the ceiling, flat screens, and LOUD dance/pop music. The main attraction of the restaurant had to be the gigantic Buddha statue sitting behind a coy pond. The decor in the restaurant was modern, and pretty, but since it was very dark it was hard to take it all in. After an hour wait our party of 15 was finally seated. The menu was very easy to read and prices were excellent. The menu did not boast anything out of the ordinary, so I decided to try the Volcano Chicken. I thought it would be very spicy, so I assumed it would be right up my alley. Conversation at our table was very limited due to the LOUD music, and talking from other loud patrons. The drink list was very short and I found myself very displeased with the drink I ordered. The drink was very grainy and strong. I found myself sipping my beau's drink and poured what was left in my glass into his. A good 5 minutes the waiter came around with a plate of food and, I noticed he was carrying a gravy bowl full of fire (one of the coolest things I think I ever seen in my life.) He places my chicken on the table and pours the liquid fire over it. He should have warned me so I could have taken a picture, but he seemed to be in a rush. Needless to say it fizzled out before my bud could snap a flick I was just about ready to chow down, but I noticed something was missing. He forgot to give me a fork. *In my head I thought about reenacting the joke from "Coming to America" but decided against it. He goes to the kitchen and comes back with 15 plastic forks. What the hell am I going to do with a plastic fork and a half of baked chicken?
I believe the restaurant would be a nice experience if you go with a smaller party, and not so late in the evening. They also charge you a 20% tip for groups, which I do not think our servers deserved.
The food was just okay and the trek out to Brooklyn was long and hard (haha! that’s what she said)

No comments:

Post a Comment